The SPDX License List is a list of commonly found licenses and exceptions used in free and open source and other collaborative software or documentation. The purpose of the SPDX License List is to enable easy and efficient identification of such licenses and exceptions in an SPDX document, in source files or elsewhere. The SPDX License List includes a standardized short identifier, full name, vetted license text including matching guidelines markup as appropriate, and a canonical permanent URL for each license and exception.
SPDX License List links:
- Overview: General information about the SPDX License List, including principles for inclusion of a license and an explanation of the field contained on the list.
- SPDX License List: The list of commonly found free and open source licenses for the purposes of being able to easily and efficiently identify such licenses.
- License Exceptions: The list of commonly found exceptions to free and open source licenses, which can be used with the License Expression operator, "WITH" to identify a license with an exception.
- Master Files: The HTML pages you see at http://spdx.org/licenses/ are generated from the master files for the SPDX License List.
- Data Files: Machine readable files describing all of the licenses and license exceptions.
- Matching Guidelines: Guidelines for what constitutes a license match to the SPDX License List. The license text on the HTML pages at http://spdx.org/licenses/ will display omitable text in blue and replaceable text in red (see Guideline #2 for more information).
- Request New License or Exception: Instructions for proposing a license or license exception be added to the SPDX License List.