The SPDX group encourages the development of tools that meet the spec and help users and producers of SPDX documents.
Some of these are developed under the auspices of the workgroup, but we encourage others in the the community as well as commercial vendors.
The SPDX group does not endorse (or, at this time, have a certification program for specification compliance) but to encourage the use and product of tooling, we list all the tools here that we are aware of that claim to meet the SPDX spec. If you have a tool that should be listed, please contact the SPDX Outreach Team.
SPDX Integrated Tool
The consolidated SPDX workgroup tool provides translation, comparison, and verification functionality in a single download. The tool is a Java command line utility requiring Java JRE version 1.8 or later to be installed (SPDX Tools version 2.1.2 supports Java JRE version 1.6 or later). To use, download the SPDXTools-vX.XX.zip archive file on this page and un-archive the file on your local machine.
The following functions are available:
- TagToSpreadsheet - Convert a tag format input file to a spreadsheet output file
- TagToRDF - Convert a tag format input file to an RDF format output file
- RdfToTag - Convert an RDF format input file to a tag format output file
- RdfToHtml - Convert an RDF format input file to an HTML web page output file
- RdfToSpreadsheet - Convert an RDF format input file to a spreadsheeet format output file
- SpreadsheetToRDF - Convert a spreadsheet input file to an RDF format output file
- SpreadsheetToTag - Convert a spreadsheet input file to a tag format output file
- SPDXViewer - Display an SPDX document input file (in either tag/value or RDF format)
- CompareMultipleSpdxDocs - Compare multiple SPDX documents (in either tag/value or RDF formats) and output to a spreadsheet
- CompareSpdxDocs - Compare two SPDX documents (in either tag/value or RDF format)
- GenerateVerificationCode - Geneinkrate a Verification Code from a directory of files.